The department is responsible on marketing of software products that are produced in UOITC to the public and private sector as well as media and promotion for these products through roaming and personal interviews with beneficiaries of these products, using internet and various media to promote all the products of UOITC and it is responsible on documenting and following up all the university business-related products. All the previous tasks are implemented by the following sections:
1. Marketing Networks Services Section
Preparation of official letters to announce the university training curriculum and university networking academy curriculum during the year , generalization of courses outside plan , generalization of official letters of software systems brochures for the purpose of marketing to Iraqi universities , institutes and ministries via E-mail, setting up an introductory systems CDs ready for marketing in which details of programs are shown whence working environment and all possibilities and services offered by the programs , as well as field visits to public and private services sector for the promotion of the systems and courses held by the university to meet the needs of institutions .
2. Documentation and Follow up Section
Documentation of all events and activities of technical services department and other departments via electronic documentation system and follow up of projects, activities and administrative affairs of all departments of the center of scientific and technological information over the year.
Achievements of the Department:
1. Guide of universities websites annually.
2. Team work of documentation of software systems (electronic archiving, follow up the students and the lecturers and electronic service).
3. Team work of documentation of electronic website for scholarships directorate supported with database.
4. Workshop of project management professional (PMP).
5. Two courses of Ms. Project in 2010.
6. Participation in University committees, systems teams, and conferences, workshops and seminars at the University.
7. Design and publish software programming brochures and following up the new versions to design new brochure and publishing it on the University website for the purpose of marketing and promotion.