As a commitment with program of scientific sobriety in regulating the details of educational process in universities and studying what is occurred to that program from restrictions are needed reviewing in their prompts and situations within possible solutions plan according to the existed permissions and instructions, so the ministry of higher education and scientific research convened meeting with their advanced employees by attending a group of universities' presidents and a number of parliamentary education committee members then the meeting produced decisions corresponding with the requirements of the sobriety and the present situation.
According to its responsibilities towards the students, ministry of higher education decided the followings:
- Allowing to the undergraduate students to do the supplementary exam to who did not do the exam in any or both two chances because the excuse in the year 2015/2016.
- Year of 2015/2016 is considered as not failing year for the students of (mobilizer popular forces, emigrants, terrorism victims) after introducing what proves by the student and according to the regulations, and the colleges' councils are authorized to behave in other critical cases.
- Allowing to the undergraduate students of the final levels in the year 2015/2016 to do supplementary exam to who failed by the half and less of the studying subjects.
- University council can decide in the cases of deportee students for critical humanitarian reasons for instance; families of martyrs, the mobilizer popular forces and emigrants supporting that by the good study biography in the year 2013/2014.
- The failed students because the cheating and disciplinary sanctions are not included in all of the above.
- The universities can do expansion in the number of higher study sets; one for the general acceptance and not more than two for the private acceptance for each specialization if there was not expansion acceptance before.
- Allowing to the post graduate students of the year 2015/2016 to do the supplementary exam to who do not pass the exam because failing in two study subjects or in the average.
- The post graduate students of the year 2014/2015 are included in the above paragraph.
In this regard, the Ministry of Higher Education appreciates the contribution of the parliamentary education committee in forming these decisions and to thank all the faculties advocate to maintain sobriety and scientific level and representing the paternal feeling in dealing with humanitarian situations and understanding of the nation circumstances.
Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, 11/10/2016.