Official approvals have been obtained for introducing a master’s study in the Department of Communications and Mobile Computing Engineering at the College of Engineering at UoITC for the academic year 2024-2025.
This important step reflects the commitment of the college and this department to academic excellence and keeping pace with global technological developments. The college announced the academic background of applicants for the MSc/Mobile Communications Engineering program:
The applicant for postgraduate studies is required to have one of these scientific backgrounds, which are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications and Mobile Computing Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Communications Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communications Technology Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering and Information Technology
• Higher diploma in communications or computer engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic and Communications Engineering
While the college specified the competitive examination subjects for applicants to study the master’s degree, which are as follows:
4. Computer network
5. Antenna and wave propagation
6. Mobile computing
7. Communications theory
8. Electronics and embedded systems
This innovation comes in line with the need of the labour market and academic and research institutions to develop the research and scientific skills of graduate students and to increase opportunities in the labor market.
The college also stresses the importance of this step towards strengthening its position as a leading center in engineering education and scientific research, contributing to the preparation of a new generation of engineers specialized in the field of mobile communications. In addition to emphasizing its commitment to the instructions of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research regarding admission controls, the plan, and deadlines for application and registration.