Bio Informatics Department
In our Department
we are training a new generation of individuals to go beyond problem-solving to influence, impact and create change.
Questions are encouraged here. We empower them to design and innovate under the close mentorship of our world-class faculty. Our students learn by doing from their very first class, and quickly transition to authentic Technology projects with real-world corporate, government and nonprofit partners.
The pace of technological change gets faster every day. Unleash your curiosity and see where it takes you.
The bioinformatics program is a new distinctive program that links the field of information technology with various health and biological areas in order to prepare a distinguished graduate having the necessary skills to keep pace with continuous development in information technology and adapt it in all biological uses and to be eligible for competition in government institutions and the local and global labor market.
1. Deepening the graduate’s understanding and knowledge of bioinformatics science.
2. Preparing a graduate with the ability to design, implement and promote new technology to improve this field and serve interested parties in this field.
3. Acquiring the graduate with the scientific, theoretical, and technical skills to deal with organizations, institutions and companies interested in the program and research in this field.
4. Preparing highly qualified graduates in collecting, discovering, exploring, and analyzing biological data to serve scientific research and society and helps various interested parties in this field.
5. Preparing graduates with high competitiveness in government institutions and the the local and global labor market in these modern disciplines so that they have the ability to analyze and design bioinformatics applications.
6. Preparing graduates who are aware of the importance of self-learning to advance in their professional, scientific, and ethical lives.
Our students hail from all over the Iraq, and their diverse passions and experiences shape our community. The bonds forged through study sessions, service trips abroad and the rush of a breakthrough will last a lifetime.
You’ll come to our Department to deepen your passions and Knowledge, and you’ll leave as the person you were always meant to be. Your heart and mind will open as you connect with a community that shares a commitment to our country’s progress and the common good.